Types of Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, social media, and website.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit our Site, we may collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, Web server logs and Web beacons.
Cookies are files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site.
In conjunction with the gathering of information through cookies, our Web servers may log information such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. The Web server logs also may record information such as the address of the Web page that referred you to our Site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. They may also log information about your interaction with this Site, such as which pages you visit.
To control which Web servers collect information by automated means, we may place tags on our Web pages called “Web beacons or "pixel tags", which are small files that link Web pages to particular Web servers and their cookies.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you when you visit the Site for various purposes, including to:
- Operate and improve our Site
- Provide products and services you requested
- Provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services, events and promotions as well as information that may be of interest to you about MeetAdvisors and our business partners and affiliates (including by sending you newsletters and other marketing communications)
- Process, evaluate and respond to requests, inquiries, claims and applications
- Verify your identity
- Administer surveys and questionnaires
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and customer services (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; performing market research and data analytics; determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; analyzing our products, services and websites; administering our websites; and performing accounting, billing and payment activities)
- Evaluate your eligibility for certain offers, products or services
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to you
- Provide advertisements to you through the Sites, email messages, text messages, or other methods of communication
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Sharing of Information
We do not share, sell, lend or lease any of the information that uniquely identifies an individual (such as email addresses or personal details) with anyone except to the extent it is necessary to process transactions or provide services that you have requested. Information may be shared with others on an aggregate basis. We may share personal information we collect on this website with our service providers who perform services on our behalf. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We also may share your information among our affiliates, and with joint marketing partners to send you information about products and services. We may share personal information we collect on this website at your request.
Invite Friends to MeetAdvisors
MeetAdvisors enables you to invite friends to our Site. If you wish to refer friends to MeetAdvisors, we provide you with a unique referral link, which you can share directly with others via email, social media websites, or other communications methods. MeetAdvisors does not collect Personal Information about the persons with whom you share your link until those persons click the link and engage directly with MeetAdvisors.
This Site allows visitors to unsubscribe so that they will not receive future messages. After unsubscribing we will discontinue sending the particular messages as soon as technically feasible.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Links to Other Web Sites
This Site may provide links to other sites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies other than MeetAdvisors. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not operated by us, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
Acquisition or Changes in Ownership
In the event that the Site (or a substantial portion of its assets) is acquired, your information would be considered part of those assets, and may be part of those assets that are transferred.
How to Contact Us